Monday, March 13, 2006

Aloha from Hawaii

Aloha!
It has been a bit since I have posted information so I thought I would share with you my most recent adventure. I had a wonderful opportunity to go to a conference in Hawaii and I just got back home.

While there, besides attending classes and learning more about my craft of writing, I also spent approximately six hours a day writing. This inspired time gave me an opportunity to write the first four chapters of my new adult novel. I only have 34 more chapters to go!

While touring the museums in Hawaii, I also learned about a very interesting subject that no one has ever written about, so I located the Hawaii State Archives and will be doing future research there and at the museums. This project will be my first “truly” non-fiction book concerning the history of Hawaii during the Victorian period. Very interesting subject.

While there, it wasn’t all work and no play. I also had an opportunity to visit Pearl Harbor, the Cultural Center, and many other wonderful museum sites. And besides all that I also had time to play. I went out on the water in an outrigger canoe, kayaked on the Ocean and chased sea turtles and I also had a chance to swim with the sharks.

This was a wonderful working vacation and now I am back home in Illinois refreshed and ready to get back to work.

Hope you enjoy the pictures!

Your Pal in Writing,
Janie Lynn Panagopoulos

No comments: