Sunday, February 04, 2007

Taking the blog seriously!

Taking the Blog Seriously!

When I was first introduced to blogging, I thought it was something for young people to use to have fun communicating with on another. I had heard stories about the negative uses of blogs and how schools have blocked blogging sites, it really made me wonder if there was a need for me to connect to students in this format.

I took the challenge and posted a few pieces of information and found that there was really no service in it for me to have to keep up in the practice of blogging. Well, recently I was asked to participate in a few educational blogging sites that include podcasting and Q&A sessions. With that experience my attitude about blogging has changed.

I am now reading a few books on blogging and its practical purposes and I have a better understanding what the “possibilities” of blogging might be.

I am still far from fully comfortable with this type of “learning” tool but I am on my way and can see the purpose of its use.

In the next upcoming weeks, I do hope to be posting more informational pieces to this blog site so it might be used as a learning place for writers and readers of my books.

Blogging… a new wave for the future of education. Interesting concept!

No comments: